Saturday 14 May 2016



Okay. Well, Hi! My name is Kassandra Swan, I’m a fourth year biosystems engineering student aiming towards a specialization in sustainable building systems. I should be graduating at some point in the next year and a half. I think that alternative building and renewable energy are just about the coolest things ever, even though I’m not quite sure what I can do with that. I’m also an active member of the Engineers Without Borders chapter at the university, which takes the engineering problem solving process and applies it towards social change. As for some other things about me, my main hobbies/interests include videogames, Netflix, rhythmic gymnastics, acro yoga, local metal concerts, craft beer, tea, and petting cats (though dogs are cool too..). 

We left Winnipeg a few weeks ago, and headed to Quito, Ecuador for a couple of Spanish lessons. (My spanish teacher was super funny and sweet and I regret not taking a picture with her...) Quito is a beautiful city that I'll need to go back to one day because there is so much more that I still need to do. I really enjoyed all the hiking we got to do (up ALL the volcanoes!), and also the Otavalo market where I purchased a sweet alpaca blanket and backpack. The most memorable experience I think I have from Quito (but not best cause it makes me a little sad) would probably be all the stray dogs.  There are so many, holy, I counted seeing around 50 in one day alone. 

We arrived in San Salvador 2 days ago, and leave for "the box" in Usulutan in an hour. It is SO hot and humid here, nothing in my life so far has prepared me to sweat this much hahahaa.. But actually, I am so excited to start doing stuff, we met with the people at the LWF the other day, and get to meet OIKOS later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment